1. God is. Evidence = What is available for us to see; the earth, water, DNA, human mind, order of the universe, miracles of Jesus, testimony of eye witnesses (Rom 1:19,20, Luke 16:19-31)
2. Evil is. Evidence = look at how men kill each other around the globe, read the local newspaper or look at the TV news of what man does to other men. Is there any crime man hasn’t done to another and keeps on doing it? (Gen 6:5)
3. Sin is. Evidence = ever tell a lie, take something that didn’t belong to you , Rom 3:10-12, 23 “as it is written, ‘There is none righteous, not even one; there is none who understand, there is none who seeks for God; All have turned aside, together they have become useless; there is none who does good, there is not even one.’ For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
4. Sin has consequences, like all man made laws, you do the crime, you do the time. God says in Rom 6:23 “for the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” I.e., you sin, you die (actually 2 deaths, physical and spiritual).
5. Sin has been paid for, Rom 5:8 “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” II Cor 5:21 “He made Him who knew no sin to be sin or our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.” II Cor 2:19 “that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them”
6. God requires belief and trust (this is called ‘faith’) that He is, that Jesus paid for sins, that Jesus is raised and at God’s right hand. This is not ‘blind faith’ as there is verifiable evidence to prove what God says (would God lie?). Rom 10:9,10,13 “that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, ands with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. For whoever will call upon the name of the Lord will be saved.”
7. Results are immeasurable, here’s a couple. Rom 6:23, eternal life, still die a physical death but our spirit goes to be with the Lord. Rom 5:1, we are made right with God, we’re still sinners but the payment has been taken care of (ie we’re pardoned) so God is willing to have us as a member of His family with access to Him. Rom 8:1, there is now no legal claim our death sentence should be applied to us because Jesus’ death for sins has been credited to a believers account as paid in full. Again, eternal life in Heaven with Jesus, I John 2:25.
The steps to take are;
1. Acknowledge God is and holds men accountable for their deeds on earth
2. Admit and understand your deeds convict you as a sinner and you deserve death, God’s just and righteous punishment for sin
3. Believe Jesus died taking our sin payment on Himself so we don’t have to be condemned to the Lake of Fire for eternity
4. Decide to tell God you know you’re a sinner but want to repent (turn your life around to do right things, ie, righteousness), you’re seeking His forgiveness and want Jesus’ death payment credited to your sin account, and you want His help to live life now
5. Ask God to become your king and guide you through His Word while you live on earth
In other words, the content of your prayer should be something like this
1. God, I know you are real and You don’t like sin
2. I’m a sinner and I know I deserve death
3. I believe these true facts; Jesus died for my sin, that He is the Son of God, and that He is raised from the dead, and is alive in Heaven
4. God, please forgive me, I want You as King of my life and to follow Your wishes
5. Please help me to read your book (The Bible), to learn, understand, and apply it to my life style
6. Please help me find a good church to find fellow supporting believers/friends and to tell my friends/people about You.